Eminent Technology ET-2 Tonearm Owners

Where are you? What mods have you done ?

I have been using these ET2's for over 9 years now.
I am still figuring them out and learning from them. They can be modified in so many ways. Bruce Thigpen laid down the GENIUS behind this tonearm over 20 years ago. Some of you have owned them for over 20 years !

Tell us your secrets.

New owners – what questions do you have ?

We may even be able to coax Bruce to post here. :^)

There are so many modifications that can be done.

Dressing of the wire with this arm is critical to get optimum sonics along with proper counterweight setup.

Let me start it off.

Please tell us what you have found to be the best wire for the ET-2 tonearm ? One that is pliable/doesn’t crink or curl. Whats the best way of dressing it so it doesn’t impact the arm. Through the spindle - Over the manifold - Below manifold ? What have you come up with ?
128x128ct0517
**** ET2 Yellow Sticky **** Cartridge Setup Guidelines ****

Tonearm Version _____ Armwand Version _______ I Beam/Leaf Spring Combo

General Guidelines.

Tonearm Version

ET 2.0 ___________________________ ET 2.5

Higher Compliance Cart ______________Lower Compliance Cart

Armwand Version

Aluminum __________Carbon Fiber _______Magnesium

High Compliance ______Medium__________Low Compliance

I Beam - Leaf Springs - (a higher mass cartridge needs more
counterweight mass, which in turn needs a stiffer decoupling spring).

Single Leaf Spring _____Double LS __________Triple LS ____

Low Mass __________Medium Mass_________High Mass

This info is endorsed by Bruce Thigpen

Hi Guys (Gals ?) This popped into my inbox this morning.
It is a rare listing for an ET tonearm that started life as 2.0, and was upgraded to 2.5 status. This means it has the bigger bore manifold and larger diameter air bearing spindle. 

It includes additional options which include single shot wiring. Anyone interested needs to realize that this tonearm will  require a suitable air source, able to deliver more than 19.0 psi to allow for a steady 19 psi.

As an FYI.
It comes with the original aluminum armtube only from the looks of it. The Carbon Fiber and Magnesium armtubes are a better match for the 2.5.  

Also be aware that Bruce now offers upgrades to the original design which include Solid Aluminum Base Mount, and Gooseneck (replace the CF),  and of course the longer I Beam which reduces the weights requirements in half.

Not affiliated with this ebay ad.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/333098302449?ul_noapp=true

Good luck to those interested. 

Are there any sonic benefits to the aluminium base and arm joint? Would like to know. I just received them in the mail!

Tim
@flemke ,

You're question does seem out of the ordinary since you ordered it before asking your question.

Happy Listening