"wear out due to age"
Oh I realize that Ketchup. Firstly my apologies for going audiophile on you guys..temporarily. The recent chill in the air has forced me inside. Must be the contributing factor.
I said what I said because I thought hanging a pump motor would "improve" on the set up. Another way is to add the surge tank - yes.
"Putting the pump in another room is the easiest way to mitigate vibrations"
It's still sending noise down the air line like electricity.
So a very easy way of finding out how much noise for those interested. (Discussed here already)
If one wants to find out how much pump noise is being sent down the air line follow this procedure.
1) With pump on and system muted - Lower the ET2 onto a still record.
2) Turn off the air pump.
3) Still muted turn the volume up to regular listening level and Unmute the system.
4) Place your ear next to the speaker.
5) Have a friend/wife turn the pump on while you listen to the speaker. Note any differences.
So it would be an interesting comparison with a standard WISA setup and a hanging one. anyways.
6) One can also start jumping up and down around the turntable after #5, and, if there is no noise out of the speakers..... your setup is solid.
Ok.... will turn audiophile mode off now. 8^0