Eminent Technology ET-2 Tonearm Owners

Where are you? What mods have you done ?

I have been using these ET2's for over 9 years now.
I am still figuring them out and learning from them. They can be modified in so many ways. Bruce Thigpen laid down the GENIUS behind this tonearm over 20 years ago. Some of you have owned them for over 20 years !

Tell us your secrets.

New owners – what questions do you have ?

We may even be able to coax Bruce to post here. :^)

There are so many modifications that can be done.

Dressing of the wire with this arm is critical to get optimum sonics along with proper counterweight setup.

Let me start it off.

Please tell us what you have found to be the best wire for the ET-2 tonearm ? One that is pliable/doesn’t crink or curl. Whats the best way of dressing it so it doesn’t impact the arm. Through the spindle - Over the manifold - Below manifold ? What have you come up with ?
128x128ct0517
Congrats!  It looks fantastic.  I look forward to your impressions of its sonics compared to the VPI/ET2 setup.
@frogman  Interesting.   My Lyra Delos sounds significantly better in almost every patamater on the Garrard/Ortofon than it did on the VPI/ET II.  On the Garrard the Delos is much richer and the high end is much tamer without being at all rolled off.  I've owned two Lyras, the Delos and a Clavis.  I've never heard a Lyra sound as good.

That said, I don't think it is an improvement over my VDH Black Beauty on the VPI/ET.   Different, which one would expect with different tables, arms and cartridges, but I'd be hard pressed to say one was "better" than the other.  Then I suppose that alone is a compliment to the Garrard/Ortofon/Delos rig since the VDH costs more than twice the Delos.  I've ordered a second headshell for the Ortofon to see how the VDH sounds on the new rig.
vpi - Chris who I assume is still snowed in.

Not funny Harry. this is a Spring unlike any I can ever remember.
"Snowed in" is not an accurate phrase.

What was falling was granular, like sand. Picture the desert, then imagine trying to shovel white sand. Then it decides to rain, Temp hits 0 celsius 32 F and a crust forms on the snow, so thick you can walk on it without going through. Try shoveling that. The only ones more confused than me seem to be the dark Robins standing on it looking for nesting material. Cruel. Todays temps of 8 degrees C 46 F will create a big mess.

Congratulations on your new setup Harry. Enjoy. Glad it arrived safely by slow boat. Boy, what I would give for some boating weather right about now.

Now, I don’t want to be the one to tell you this, but you do realize don’t you, that one day, that "Come to Jesus" moment will arrive. Oh yeah, it will come be assured, as long as you remain in Audiophile mode. It will taunt you, till you can no longer resist. You will succumb to it, we all do, and you will be forced to mount your ET2 on the new table; to find out the real truth.

You will be startled at how much the table brings to .......the table .... heh heh

An Apples to Apples comparison with the VPI, for Mr. VPI .... 8^0 .

Happy :Listening

@ct0517 
I don't envy you your "spring".  Albeit is snowing here in North Carolina as I type this.  You may be right regarding the ET on the Garrard.  I cannot, however, see myself drilling new holes in this beautiful plinth.  At the risk of being excommunicated from this site I must repeat, the Lyra Delos loves this Ortofon TA-110 arm.  It is a heavily damped arm with some kind of space age rubber in the arm tube.  I guess it just matches with the low compliance of the Delos.  Thinking of changing my ID to Garrard instead of VPI.
Post removed