Eminent Technology ET-2 Tonearm Owners

Where are you? What mods have you done ?

I have been using these ET2's for over 9 years now.
I am still figuring them out and learning from them. They can be modified in so many ways. Bruce Thigpen laid down the GENIUS behind this tonearm over 20 years ago. Some of you have owned them for over 20 years !

Tell us your secrets.

New owners – what questions do you have ?

We may even be able to coax Bruce to post here. :^)

There are so many modifications that can be done.

Dressing of the wire with this arm is critical to get optimum sonics along with proper counterweight setup.

Let me start it off.

Please tell us what you have found to be the best wire for the ET-2 tonearm ? One that is pliable/doesn’t crink or curl. Whats the best way of dressing it so it doesn’t impact the arm. Through the spindle - Over the manifold - Below manifold ? What have you come up with ?
128x128ct0517
It's a lot of hot air in my opinion.

John - this reminds me of the ET2 guy in Texas on this thread a couple of years ago. He kept his pump in his unconditioned garage - temps would reach 120+ F.
Guess what happened to that hot air when it finally reached his ET2 manifold in his listening space at an air conditioned 70 F.

Wish he was still around. I would ask him to talk to those Oil Guys and tell them to turn the taps down. Just for a bit (pun intended), so I could get a little pop.

"8^0  

Been in meetings with the Bears. No.... not the ones on Wall Street. The real ones. The ones that speak the truth. heh heh 

gyneguy225 

PV=nRT as I remember.

John I would never have taken you for a formula kind of guy ?
Formulae (Formulas?) make my eyes do this

* ^ (

So,
If it was all about formulas; shouldn't the Perfect Sound have replaced vinyl long ago ?

Blackfly....... Blackfly......please go away.

-Just a remnant of my undergrad and HS years. -Not much else is left in this old cerebrum.
Hello all,
Bruce's long I-beam with double spring arrived today.  6 inches long not including spring(s).  Very nice improvement.  I'm down to the single weight about 5" out.  I noticed deeper and tighter bass which extends to lower mids giving a richer sound along with increased inner detail.  Has anyone else tried this new beam?
Harry