Elrog 300B vs Takatsuki 300B tubes

Has anyone heard the Elrog 300B tubes ? I read an article which mentioned that the Elrog 300B delivers 15% less power than a traditional 300B tubes. Can anyone confirm that it is audible ?

I am choosing between Elrog and Takatsuki 300B tubes. I would prefer the Elrog because it is cheaper and supposedly wonderful but if it really sounds less powerful then I have to rethink.
pani

Showing 16 responses by mikirob

The only SS amp I ever really liked was the Forte 4. I haven't owned that many SS amps, always a tube guy. If tubes were no longer available, I too, would likely go a First Watt like Charles, or other Nelson Pass product.
Matthias,
Do you know how the Elrog 300B will operate with the AN Kit-1? Best, Rob.
Charles, Everyone,
Thanks much. As the future owner of 300B again this information really helps the decision of where to begin and to spend wisely. This journey shoul be a lot of fun. Best.
Charles,
Your a bit confused about my 300B future. I am going to purchase the Coincident Franks and Pre with the 101 as soon as my new house is ready; I will have my own dedicated 18x20x9 listening room. My wife is going to build the AN-Kit One a bit after settling-in. I'm keeping the Dynamo in my office. A while back I sold my Cary 300B SEI. I will be selling my Cary V12 and Primaluna Dialogue One. I was thanking you, Brownsfan and others about your take on the Various 300B tube which will save me $$$$ in the long term. Your experience will allow me to go directly to Elrog, EML, and/or Tatkasuki and not spend on lower level product. I did like the Black Treasure in the Cary SEI. Looking forward to talking more about your Elrog experience as you get more time on them. Congratulations! Best.
Also, I'm positive the Tektons will match beautifully with any of the discussed amps; the AN Kit my wife builds will be paired with either the larger Lore, or perhaps we go all in on a newer Tekton model. As for my room it's likely time to say good-bye to my Infinity Prelude Composition (about 15 yrs. old) and step-up to Coincident, Tannoy, Daedalus speakers if they match ok. I' going to hit some shows, travel to NYC, LA, etc., hopefully this will be end game for Amp, Pre and Speakers.
Charles, I plan to do just that. I feel like the kid in school looking over your shoulder for good notes. I really trust your ears, Brownsfan, Rebbi, Jwm, too, amongst others. All your musical values are very similar. Looking forward to your continuing comments regarding all things audio.
Oh, forgot to mention, I got a High Wycombe 378 in anticipation of the Franks purchase.
Charles,
What you describe is exactly what I want to hear. I'm in both the Jazz and Classical camps with a dash of Rock and other styles of music. Natural/organic sound. It will be the Elrogs for me when I get the Franks. Does anyone know if they are going to produce an EL34. I'd love to hear that in the Coincident Dynamo.
Charles,
I suspect that the difference in ancillary equipment, DAC, various supporting tubes, wires, room and so forth account for the different point of view...as is usually the case, but I know you know that. At any rate I'm looking forward to hearing the Elrog.
MK,
Thank you so much for your input. You are a positive influence on the Agon, please keep coming back with your valuable input. We all welcome your knowledgable suggestions. We also all need to encourage folks like yourself and Elrog as a company to seek higher levels of advancement in audio. It is great that a modern tube can best NOS. all the best. Rob
Matthias,
It is extremely refreshing to see a company stand strong for their product. Thank you and best success in righting any problem quickly. Best, Rob
Charles1dad,
Really sorry to hear of your Elrog problem.; but isn't it great that folks like George provides solid support, Jetrexpro or Grannyring, or Salectric do provide sound advice along with that stalwart named Almarg...good luck. Best, Rob
To me, the question is: Why would anyone choose a difficult load where one needs a lot of power and ability to drive that difficult load. There are many ways to make it easier on yourself, likely less costly as well. Best, Rob