ELROD new MASTER SERIES Statement Gold,a true surprise; changes the game considerably

ELROD new MASTER SERIES Statement Gold Power Cord:

Installed ONE of these in the system today on my Esoteric A-02 power amp to replace a 2 year old Elrod Statement Gold next-gen cable as a test.

Cable was cooked for 6 days and then rounded out by David on his system to a full 2 weeks of burn-in. 

To say the design changes are major would be a huge understatement....double the width of the widest ribbons used to date and double the count over what was already his latest generation design for Statement Gold; that's all that can be said. Furutech's latest FI-50 NCF connectors are utilized as they were determined to be superior to anything else available.

Within the first 12 hours the phrase (which I've only used once before for any cable) "component-level upgrade" came to mind. It's as if my amp had been further upgraded along with my entire system. This is no exaggeration and I'm surprised at the uplift from a single power cord from the level I already was experiencing. All frequency bands experienced significant changes for the better, an already 3-dimensional wrap-around soundstage on most recordings became an even more dense, musical energy-filled 3D wrap-around deeply immersive soundstage on EVERY recording, every note, voice, etc...became even more real and life-like, inner detail increased on most material (already have tons of inner detail thanks to the TAD R1s), musical energy increased in the room and the listener is pulled even deeper into the recording. I found myself rewinding or starting tracks over many times as the surprise factor with this change was extremely high.

I had talked to a couple of guys who had gone this route picking up this brand new cable family in the last month; they were saying that the Master Series Golds eclipsed the Diamond and MBX2 families of cables and simply blew the doors off the latest Statement Gold generation. That all sounded hard to believe (particularly the part about eclipsing MBX2 and Diamond/X2; after 12 hours, I do believe it to be true...

Tough part about the Elrod line is the website has not been updated in a long, long time as more time is spent on design and build than on marketing. My advice is to reach out to me or others using these cables and get some candid conversations going. Also, you can easily reach David Elrod via phone / email; he's a wealth of knowledge and will discuss cables, music, system design/synergy with any serious audio-nut.

It's been a very surprising day!
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xzephyr24069
A classy system owned by a classy guy.

'ugly audio nut stuff in the room': Priceless!

Dave
zephyr24069, your system is still awesome!

+1 Larry!
We all should be so unfortunate as to have to downsize to level that poor zephyr finds himself in! Hahaha!

Those TAD's are nice zephyr! I'm sure that you are not suffering too badly. ;^)

Cheers,
John
Lak: Thank you very much!

Dave: Very much appreciate that and I agree the irony and humor of that last phrase are priceless. I’m sure we all know the feeling when whatever we like, be it a couple great bikes, a boat (or 2), golf clubs/pricey golf member dues, etc....all get called into question. I have 1 hobby (that costs, the rest like hiking, camping, etc...don’t),...music. This is no different I suppose from any of those other Men are from Mars things (no disrespect to the ladies who love this hobby as much as we all do).

You know what they say; death, taxes and CHANGE are the only constants in the universe :-)

John: Thank you very much! I hear the old joke playing in my head; "You want some cheese with that whine???<LOL>!!!" Definitely not a poor me story at all; just love my old setup as well!

What the R1s outline is just how damned amazing the AERIS+HDPlex+Wavelet was at 1/3 the price. The R1s do many wonderful things but they highlight just how far you have to go to get what the AERIS combo I had bring to the table; and, the R1s are missing 1/2 an octave of bass at the bottom-end (AERIS went down to 16Hz flat in my room). There are many things that the R1s do differently in the total frequency spectrum that I love to hear and respect but they are a different approach to the same musical goals I easily achieved with the AERIS and now with a lot more hard work, the R1s.
Ironically enough, this is a downsize from a system size and complexity point of view....

Oh well...back to great tunes!
No worries, I'm not one of those flat-earth people and I'm all for spending whatever one wants for cabling a system( I do it too). I just don't see the big deal at least hinting at a price, especially if dealers are involved. But it's all good, I meant no ill will. 
Baxman: Truly sorry my multi-responses were not clear.  N/P at all with your post or questions and I was not lumping you in the category from the other thread.  Humble apologies from my side to you.  

It comes down to the fact that I gave my word and I hold to that no matter what in life. 

Send me a private message here with a number where I can reach you; happy to talk this evening and fill in some more details on what I heard/am hearing today.