Electronic Crossover

Don't know much about outboard crossovers, but I'd like to bi-amp a pair of Mirage M3si. Don't suppose I can take out the internal crossovers... nah... too simple..
What's a good crossover, used price range of 300$-600$, do I leave the existing crossovers in or take them out, do the amps need to be the same?