electrocompaniet aw 100 sound quality?

After a long search and several outbids and one case with a t-200 threshold, were the owner decided not to sell. I ended up buying this aw 100 and will not receive it until saturday. Anyone have any comments about the amps sound quality and what it may compare to. thanks
ears

Showing 2 responses by dannylw

I got to tell you guys I find this dialogue interesting. I have an electro preamp. People are kidding it doesn't sound its best until it has 300-500 hrs on it. Sedond what cables and power cords do you recommend? By the way I think Electro pre and it is definitely tubey without their stereotype failings. Also the articles I've read suggest they didn't break them in long enough.
I have an electro 4R. Currently it's all Mit with termination boxes, not the 350 or 750. If I remember correctly you also use a Marchand crossover, so do I. I am interested in trying the Alpha. I tried Audioquest with another pre I have and wasn't impressed. One dealer I know has talked me out of power cords twice. I do have dedicated lines and live in the outer suburbs.

In regards to the sound of the pre it sounds somewhere between what I'd call tubey and definitely not solid state. I keep feeling that it has more to give. I heard it in comparison to the Classe Cap 50 and they sound more alike than not. However, there definitely are differences. At first I thought the $R was missing leading edge transients. Then ater hearing the CD on other systems I realized it wasn't there. SOOO!!!

I'll check out the electro discussion. Thanks.