Electra Tube Connectors and GR Research Speaker Update Kits

Has anyone here used one of GR Research' update kits for speakers?  My first issue is with the Tube Connectors.  Danny at GR claims them to be a superior product to everything else out their.  I cannot find any data or reviews that bolster his claim about their superiority over a high quality binding post.  The only review that I  found was with a speaker system with the cheapest quality binding posts.  I found the review useless.
  The second point is the price of the parts replacement kit.  I have not priced out the parts ( six Sonic Caps & eight better resistors, "No Rez" damping material ) but was wondering what the  the price difference between purchasing them my self as opposed to the kit.  Parts are simple swaps of the same value with the exception of a resistor on the tweeters which have a slightly lower value to raise its response.
128x128vitussl101

Showing 1 response by vitussl101

Thanks for the responses but after looking long and hard at the mods, I'm definitely not doing the Tube connectors or the No Rez.  Updating the caps, and resistors and not altering the speaker's response in any way.  I have three or four different high quality binding posts that I will use.