ELAC Debut B6 speakers

I ordered these new Andrew Jones designed speakers last Saturday, the moment they became available for shipping. The reviews of the slightly smaller model, the B5, have been uniform great. I have about 10 hours on them and the sound is opening up a bit. They are not yet as detailed or coherent as my very good Dali Zensor 1's, but I will reserve judgment until they get 50-60 hours of time on them. My initial impression that I like them a lot better than the previous KEF LS50's I had and they are far easier to drive then the KEF's. There is no question about their ability to deliver a considerable bass response even with such a small enclosure. The fit and finish certainly belies their $280 cost per pair. It is very possible that Andrew Jones has set a new bar for others speaker companies to match in the realm of cost vs. performance of budget speakers. Stay tuned for a follow up report.
whitestix

Showing 2 responses by wim1983

Great to hear the report, eager to read further detailed review on the new Elac Debut B6, especially how it handle some old classic recording, I believe it works just wonderful with state of the art recording, just want to know how forgiving and musical are these Elac Debut speakers. It would nice to know also gears and tracks that you used in review.
@Whitesix: Great to hear that, I'm sure to hear also any weaknesses of these speakers?