Elac 4 pi Plus.2 supertweeters...

I'm wondering what observations other Elac 4Pi Plus.2 owners have about these supertweeters. I have a pair, put them on my sweetie's speakers (Sound Dynamics RTS 3s) and they sound terrific. He's an opera singer, and a pianist and he noticed the improvement over the droopy highs of the RTS 3s immediately.
I like them very much, but his room's not great. I've also heard them with my Alon Viper Plus speakers, with good (not fabulous, just good) results. I'm wondering about the experiences of others. I did notice the other day, when I played a Nina Simone cd that I expected to sound bright and awful, that her "Ne Me Quitte Pas" cut was extremely moving, more so than in my systerm WITHOUT the Elacs.
What say you guys???
gbmcleod
Hi,
I am using a Elac 4pi for over 25 years now, and had not even a single problem with them! So replacing the ribbon seems not be an issue.
It has a specific character, best described by Jannweiss above. It find it overall extremely musical and engaging.
Has anyone experienced phase cancellation issues with theirs? I have been using the 4PI Plus.2 for a few years with my JM Lab Electra 905s. The 4PIs are connected to the speaker terminals and set atop each speaker cabinet. I have noticed that when the 4PIs are disconnected, certain frequencies become more articulate; likely due to phase cancellations. This seems to be unresolvable due to its top of cabinet placements and  the small wavelengths of super tweeters.  I am curious if anyone else has experienced this problem and if so, were they able to find a solution?  I like the air that the 4PIs bring to the soundstage, though I am bothered by the loss of musical detail sacrificed in other frequencies.