Eggleston Works Andra II versus B&W 800

Need some guidance. Have an opportunity to purchase either pair new at attractive price. Will be used in dedicated audio listening (not part of HT) using Krell FBR amplification, CJ front end. Very large room - 30'x 15' with one long wall mostly glass. Need to place speakers on short wall due to WAF issues. In area where I can't audition either, no local dealers.

Thanks for any input.
hotdownhere

Showing 3 responses by tobias

Don't know the B&W 800 although I know other B&Ws. Heard the Andra II at the Montreal show and liked it a lot. Very subtle, musical speaker but lots of oomph available. Didn't want to leave that room. IMHO it put all the B&Ws I had heard to shame. Would be great in a large room. In other words, nothing to contradict Jacytoy. Although your wife might not like the way the Andra looks... Hope this helps !
OK, I made a contentious comment on the speaker's looks. I did not wish to insult anybody's taste, or anybody's wife's taste, and I apologize.

My own personal taste is very catholic (I don't mean in the religious sense), in that what matters to me is music, not appearance. I have a lady companion who does not keep her opinions a secret and I can imagine her comment on the Andra II's looks. So I should have said "my wife might not like the way they look", and not "your wife, etc ". I do beg everyone's pardon. The Andra IIs are IMHO superb speakers, and at the price, they should be.

Mr. Corsey, thank you for your sympathy, it is much appreciated.
Mgottlieb, may I ask how you positioned your Andra IIs in your living room--short wall, long wall, across a corner or... ?