Eggleston, Merlin, Jean Marie Reynaud????

Looking to buy a killer mini monitor/small bookshelf.

I have auditioned The Eggy Isabels and Fontaines. both superb with smooth, clean high end. Esotar tweeter is awesome!! Have not heard Merlin TSM-MM or MX. Jean Marie Reynaud Trente, and Offrandes are reputed to be world class, but again I have not heard them! Tired of Separates, I am planning on an Integrated amp. Contenders might be the Tact and Bel Canto for digital, the Mac 6900 and Plinius 9200 for SS, and maybe the Mac 2275 or Vac Avatar Super for tubes.

Any thoughts from owners or former owners would be appreciated!!

Thanks everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!
128x128pluto

Showing 1 response by davidm1108

i also have the merlin vsm-mm's with the superbam and they are the best speakers i have ever owned. i went from paradigm studio 20's (still a fave in many ways), to dali grand coupes, to amphion xenons and have gotten off the upgrade highway with my merlins. they are clean, punchy and not the least bit fatiguing. my xenons went down to 28khz and the merlins do not, but to my ears, i'm not missing any bass--at least not in a musical sense. i am running mine with channel islands d200 amps and a modwright preamp. when i hit the lotto i will go with some joule/berning stuff but for now my ears can't tell the difference.