effective mass of rb300 with hvywght, , Lyra clavi

I bought a used Rega Planar3 with an rb300 arm, and I am searching for a cartridge for it. The arm is has the express Machining Heavyweight counterweight upgrade, and I am curious how that effects the effective mass of the rb300, which is 13 grams without the counterweight upgrade.
I am also thinking about picking up a slightly used Lyra Clavis from my dealer; any opinions on that cartridge? I believe it isn't the Evolve99, just the Clavis da Capo. The other option I have been looking at is a Benz Micro Ace (the medium output version), or possibly one of the Shelters.

Associated equipment:
Rega Planar 3, with rb300 tonearm
BAT VK 3iX Preamp with phono card
BAT VK 220 amp
Gallo Nuclear reference 3 speakers
Kimber KCAG interconnects
Kimber 4tc speaker wire
jwinder

Showing 2 responses by jwinder

Thanks for the responses; I am still wondering about the effect of the heavy counterweight on the effective mass of the tonearm. Does anyone have any idea of the change with this?
Thanks for spelling that out clearly, Twl. I don't have the original counterweight, since I purchased the Rega used, but I will be able to audition the Clavis cartridge to check compatibility. Incidentally, the 13 gram figure for the effective weight was pulled off of the official Rega site; presuming that the counterweight is heavier than the original one, I would guess that the effective mass may end up at 11 grams or so, if the figure on their site for the regular counterweight is accurate.

John