Ebay LP Purchases

I am just getting back into vinyl after many years. There are a number of albums from the 1970's I would like to (re)purchase. What has been your experience on buying used vinyl on ebay? Any tips or warnings? Do sellers overstate the condition? Thanks in advance.
teeshot

Showing 1 response by vinylmad814

I have had very good success from ebay sellers fro LP's. Typically as most people would say is to stick to any seller with a high rating (ie 99 %) or given a top rated seller medal of honor so to speak. if the best quality of records meaning of course condition wise, choose the Lp's that have NM or excellent rating. Word of advice is to post your bid 10 to 15 seconds before the auction expires thus giving you a better a chance at winning the auctioned item without starting a bidding war. Most of my purchases have been from North America but have found that sellers from Great Britain are very good as well. To further add to that, shipments from GB arrive quicker to my home (West Coast Canada) than normal ground shipments from the USA. So I do highly recommend sellers from GB. I have good success from a couple of sellers from Japan selling of course Japanese pressed LP's which in my mind and to several others, are sonically superior to most domestic pressings. I did receive a copy of Sticky Fingers (Stones) from Japan that looked like it had been touched up to appear more aesthetically pleasing. Other than that, EBAY purchasing has been more than satisfactory