Easier maintenance ARCVT100mkII or VTL mb125

I'm wondering if anyone with experience with either of these amps could shed some light on the subject of retubing and setting bias.

As I don't know much about either I should explain that Im looking for a tube amp with ease of use and lower costs to retube. I heard the ARC can be quite pricey and tricky to retube/bias etc.

Any info would be useful and appreciated.
Thanks
alun

Showing 1 response by weiserb

The ARC has a resister that you clip on aligator clips to to connect to the multimeter and the vtl has two holes that the probes go into. Remember the tubes are hot and your working very close to them so your concentration is required. It takes about 1 minute or so per tube to do each one and after your done with the last tube go back and double check them all again. If your new at this just call the company. Leonard at ARC spend 20 minutes with me on the phone the first time and walked me through it . I was hooked on ARC after that level of service its tough to beat. The ARC VT-100 is a magical amp closer to a work of art than an audio component. Tubes simply sound better more musical and "Just Right" like CJ says. They are worth the extra effort. You only have to bias twice a year or so.