Earliest serial Garrard 301 Hammertone known?

On January 01, 2011 One of my best friends gave me a Garrard 301 Hammertone #2074. I've collected (and regretfully parted) with a few Garrards over the years, but this one is in excellent condition - and by far the earliest Garrard that I know. Out of personal interest, I'm just wondering if anyone has seen a lower serial number 301 still in use today? Thanks to all, and happy listening!

Bob Cameron
cameronbs
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300569846565&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

I own #1559 which is an "A" model. Refers to a 120v/60Hz
American model.
Thanks Steve;

No doubt in my mind that table runs in a Dobbins plinth....:-)

The day after I started this thread I found # 618 on Ebay. The eddy current brake disc is almost flat with only one visible indent on the outside rim. It looks like it's made of pot metal instead of aluminum. Same for the magnet assembly. The Ebay ad is still on if you would like to see. Mine has the more common brake disc, and I wonder when Garrard made that change. Do you think we have 1953 models - or as early production ramped up, could they be 1954's? Nice to talk to you again. Take care.

Bob

I've got a few and the earliest I have is 1274. You are right. It does look like pot material and even though mine is pristine the finish is not as glossy at all like the beige version. I have many of those. Cheers
I know someone who has one with an even earlier number. I believe it is #501. I'll ask. Maybe he can provide a photo.