Ear Speakers-AKG Q701's or Sennheiser HD 598's???

My Sennheiser HD 595's finally gave up the ghost so I need some new cans & was hoping someone here could comment on how these compare soundwise.I have read a ton of reviews on the AKG K701's & feel that they are probably a bit too bright for my taste.I have auditioned several pairs of Grado's & MUCH prefer the Sennheiser sound but feel they could be a touch more detailed so I guess I'm looking for something that combines the warmth of the Senns with the detail of the Grado's.
Thanks guys,take care...
freediver

Showing 1 response by donjr

I own the k702's but I can't use them. I bought them because my Rogue Cronus Magnum has a headphone jack but unfortunately it bleeds through my speakers so I'm hearing from inside and outside of the cans. Also the Rogue just doesn't have the guts for the AKG 's. They need power. That plus the fact that the sound bleeds through enough to wake my wife in our first floor master bedroom is a deal breaker for me.

I will say this about the AKG. My son brought over his Darkvoice headphone amp awhile back so I could have a proper listen. I played some Joshua Redman through the AKG 's and I could not believe how amazing it sounded. My son and I both agreed that Jazz sounded better through the AKG 's. We also thought that his heavy metal sounded better through his 650's. I think it depends on not only what you listen to but also your amp. If you like Jazz the AKG's win. Rock and metal go to
Sennheiser. Not sure about classical but I think you could go either way.