EAD ULTRADISC 2000 /any good?

Hello: any experience with the ead ultradisc 2000?,what is the sonic signature,thanks to all for the help,Al
alfred

Showing 1 response by bob_bundus

Yes this was TAS's favorite one-box machine. I've had the U2000 for just over a year; it's detailed, yet so smooth & easy-listening even with a stock power cord. Even better with a JPS Digital AC or Custom Power Top Gun. I got mine just as they were phasing out the model (EAD sellout to home theater, so they could stay in business, is what they told me). The player even improves harsher-sounding CD's. I 'second' everything above per Mr. Tacs; this is a great player. It doesn't blow you away with a super-fi signature, very smooth & easy-listening. HDCD's really make it sing beautifully. Good value even at new price; great value at used price. It made mincemeat of the Arcam Alpha 9 (which a lot of people liked on AudioReview). One clue was that a large handful of U2000's were in use at the Chicago Stereophile show in May '99. Figure that if the vendor's liked it enough to demo with their own gear, that tells you something even if you never heard one. Jump on it if you find a good deal - no regrets here!