EAD TheatreMaster 8000/8800 ?

I recently took my mothballed TAG McLaren Audio AV-32R out for a dedicated AV set up. Was contemplating a 5.1 bypass surgery and upgrade to the twin SHRAC processor spec. I guess we'll never find out how good it will sound now given TAG's "business review".

I need a new processsor for an AV biased set up in a small room. Already have a decent 2 channel system. Having said that, I am looking for refinement not commonly found in processors (not that the TAG is great, it was a sensible option 3 years ago). Have heard the Theta and Krell - very good but not really my musical cup of tea. Also, hear the older EAD Ovation and Signature in the past. Pretty impressed with the stereo sound quality. Rather wallet friendly as well. Would the TM8000/8800 be a step in the right direction ? What other processor should I look at ?

BTW, I use a Chord Electronics(small UK concern)5 channel power amp - 130W monoblocing front left and right, 160W mono into centre. Rear surround driven by less critical TAG power amp.

Thanks,

Tom
gilas

Showing 1 response by rwwear

The new EAD processors are more user friendly and can now be controlled without a remote.