EAD 8800 PRO VS Lexicon MC12B

I'm torn between these two processors. I will be purchasing one between now and (I guess) the next few days.
Problem is, I haven't demoed any of these and I'm just basing my decision on reviews and what people have to say here. The unit will be used mainly for music and probably HT in the future. Which of these units should I consider? Price wise, the MC12b is going to cost me about $1k - $1,200.00 more.

Thanks for all your input

GaryZ
ligabry

Showing 1 response by cinematic_systems

Hey Gary,

You might want to add a Meridian G series processor to the list because I am certain you would want the best your money could buy as an option. correct?

The Lexicon is not a good value $3000 processor in a $4000 box, I have had people in blind listening test pick the B&K Reference 50 over the Lexicon MC12. Need I say more?

The EAD looks good and well I'll stop there.

Look since the demise of TAG MCLaren nobody is close to Meridian. And since you have never heard any of these processor why not buy the best one by far. I have setup just about every surround processor going and nothing can match the Meridian for adapting to different environments, synchronizing the speakers system to work as one speaker not 7.1 speakers. Which is the point of surround.

If you think 2 channel is good wait till you have trifield, makes 2 channel obsolete and quite laughable IMO.

Just my expert advice for someone who is buying blind.

Not a Meridian dealer