EAD 7000 digital flywheel?

I have an EAD 7000 but no manual. Does anyone know diffinitively if this dac has the "digital flywheel"? Or where I can read more about its specification? I've done a moderate search, but find surprizingly little about it. This is not a mk2 or 3. Thanks
rloggie

Showing 2 responses by brf

If you email me privately and I will send you a photocopy of either the original DSP 7000 or DSP 7000 M3 manual (I have both). Here is how you can tell what series your 7000 is:

Series 1 - original 20 bit dac, it also has a de-emphasis indicator light
Series II - Burr Brown PCM63 Series K dac
Series III - Pacific Microsonics PND100 HDCD chip, Digital Flywheel. De-emphasis indicator light replaced by HDCD indicator

I also agree with the above post, DSP 7000 Series 3's are excellent candidates for modifications and make an already good dac sound awesome.
"BRF Is there any external indication between the 7000 and 7000 m2?"

No, the Mk1 and Mk2 look identical with no external differences. EAD did not silk screen Series II on the faceplate as they did with late production Series III. Many of the original Series 1 were sold with the gold faceplate. Upgraded Series 2 to 3, and early production series 3, have a HDCD badge placed over the de-emphasis indicator light (which now denotes HDCD disc). Late production series 3 had HDCD silk screened and series III on the faceplate.