E V Patricians-- JBL Hartsfields- Your choice

In the mid 50's I heard both systems. The Patrician was full sounding and euphonic. The Hartsfield was punchy and bright- seemed to lack bass. Both were K horn designs but I opted for the Patricians.

I used them until I heard a QLS about 25 years ago. Now I listen to a home brew line source that is satisfying.

I guess anyone that has either of the above mentioned speakers probably can't hear above 10K HZ but what the heck.

I just bought a JBL 375 driver, six JBL LE 15 A woofers and as pair of 075 tweeters.

It's time to build an experimental speaker!

If you are listening to a JBL system that uses the afore mentioned drivers, I'd like your thoughts.

Ken
kftool

Showing 1 response by buconero117

Best you first hear the JBL Everest line, which is the successor to Hartsfield's. I was a great fan of the Khorn's, it was the first hi end speaker I ever heard and I was blown away. When I did hear the Hartsfield, the bar was raised. I've heard the Everest, driven by the ML mono blocks, and they had the great sound of old. Well worth your DIY effort. Yes, the Hartsfield were, in my opinion, better then the Patricians.