E.A.R 834p. VS Graham Slee Reflex

Hello,
Iam buying my first phonocorrector ever and cant decide-E.A.R with NOS Telefunken Valves or Graham Slee Reflex.Speakers are WP8+Pass Labs xa30.5.
What do you think?
proac28

Showing 8 responses by proac28

Iam from Germany and it is demo for 1000eu with new caps new Tdp valves + NOS Telefunken valves.Iam afraid just about one thing- mismatch of impendances because ussualy tube gear demands 100kohm and as Pass Power amp has only 15kohm...
recently I found interesting experience of one audiophile who was running Icon Audio Ps 3 and his thoughts are these
"A couple of days ago i received a Reflex C with the PSU-1 via the loaner programme, and i thought i would let you know what i thought. A few years ago i had the Gram amp 2se, and have fond memories of it's musical and enjoyable sound quality, and amazing value for money. Anyway, back to the Reflex C, i set it up and decided to let it warm through overnight and have a listen the next morning. Well, i was expecting it to sound good, but not THIS GOOD!!! I can't believe all that sound was coming from these two small boxes, and my first thought was just how musical and enjoyable it was - maybe a little on the thin side, but i thought that might improve as it warmed up - and improve it has. It just sounds right, musical, detailed, with lovely bass, mid, and a silky treble, and if you did not know any better, you could be listening to a tube phono stage - it's that good!

Now i have some serious thinking to do. The Reflex C runs very close to my current tube phono stage, an Icon Audio Ps3 Signature, without the hassle and expense of replacing tubes!"

need to consider for me too
hiendmuse-did I get it wright that you are running reflex m with cart from 6k price range?