Dynavector XX-2 MK2 vs Shelter 901 MK2

I have upgraded my Clearaudio Concept to Performance DC with Concerto V2 cartridge but I find it sounding bright with vocal sibilance on some of my vinyl collection. Set my phono preamp to 25ohm to tame the brightness. I triple check all my alignment, tried different positions to no avail. I am using the Clearaudio Alignment gauge which I tried the Clearaudio recommended and the IEC standard. Seems like I hit the dead end so I decided to try a much warmer cartridge either the Dynavector XX-2 MK2 or the Shelter 900 MK2. I listen to all genre except classical but mostly rock.

If you have experience on either or even better, on both cartridge please advise.
128x128s1nn3r

Showing 1 response by larryi

AT the level of price and performance of cartridges like the XX-2, it is a matter of personal taste and system matching and is not a matter of inherent superiority of one cartridge vs. another. I have a friend who traded in a Transfiguration Orpheus for the XX-2 because he tried it in his system and liked it. The Orpheus cost more than twice as much.