Dynavector XV-1S ---is it overkill for my system?

I've been enjoying my VPI Classic 1 w/ Dynavector 17D3 cartridge for a couple of years now, but I've got the upgrade bug and I'm ready to make the leap up to a higher performing cart. The Dynavector XV-1S is on my short list, but what do you guys think, is it overkill for my system?
Here are the rest of my components: Heed Quasar phono pre, VTL 2.5 preamp, McCormack DNA 0.5 Deluxe amp, Paradigm Studio 100 v.2 speakers, Cardas Golden Reference and Gabriel Gold Revelation interconnects and Wireworld Equinox speaker cables.
will_herrera
Stringreen,

Can you tell us why? HOMCs are often considered less than ideal, if you have a quality phono stage for LOMC carts. What's your logic?
Will Herrara, sorry to divert the threat for a moment, but can you tell me how the Simaudio 310LP improves on the Heed? I have a Heed and am wondering what I'm missing. Thanks.
Roscoeiii...My logic is the less you have in the system, the better the sound. Cartriges are very fussy. I have a Benz Hi Output Ebony and the sound is extremely fine. You don't have the last little bit in resolution, but you probably can't tell unless you AB the low output against it...yet it will give you an enormous soundstage, extended response, and excellent tracking. I am running an LP-S now, but could be happy with the hi output. Everything is a balance. To get the best from a low output cartridge you have to spend big money on an appropriate head amp.
Stringreen - you need to reread the thread, he doesn't have a head amp. He has 2 phono stages that are quite capable of running low output MC's.

Will_hererra - my view is you are in the right direction, Lyra Delos, and look to update the phono later or dump the preamp/phono and get a good preamp with phono.