Dynavector DX-1s vs Shelter 7000/9000

I have a quick question. I am looking for a cartridge and for now, it looks like a demo Dynavector approximately 6 months old vs new Shelter 7000 or may be 9000 at slightly lower price. I heard Dynavector in a familiar system and like the speed, huge soundstage and good pacing. Unfortunately, I have not heard the Shelter except for the Crown Jewel which I believe is the same as 501 in my system which I like the smooth liquid midrange but not the extension and pace of Dynavector. However, there is no demo Shelter 7000 or 9000 that I can listen to. I listen to mostly classical music, large symphonic works, piano, lieder, opera, some vocal music and a little bit of rock/pop. My analog setup currently includes VPI Classic, ASR mini Basis, Ortofon T100 SPU. Eventually I plan to change my phono, may be to ASR Basis, add SDS to VPI, etc so whatever cartridge I choose, I intend to keep for quite awhile until I upgrade everything else before thinking of changing cartridge again.
Thanks for your help
suteetat
I have a Shelter 7000 and it is fantastic. hammered the 501 before it (As I had hoped) and also miles better than my old AT ART1.

Surface noise is unbelievably low and there is so much minute detail retrieved. Tracking is A1, sound stage vast.

cheers
Thank you all for the comments. Sorry about the typo, it is the XV-1s that I am looking at. My only concern for Dynavector was that soon after hearing Dynavector, I then heard MY Sonic Hyper Eminent in the same system and the midrange was just incredible so I thought that at the time, if I go for a new Dynavector, I might as well save up for MY Sonic. However, the price of both new cartridge was way to high for my budget so I did not think much about either until my dealer recently offer the demo Dynavector. Sounds like it would be worth spending the extra cash for Dynavector then.
I'll pile on and also recommend the XV1-s. The previous comments are spot on and I would also add that it is an excellent tracker.
I also own the Dynavector XV-1s. It is fitted to an SME IV.Vi tonearm on an older VPI HW-19 Mk.3 turntable with a specially made brass/aluminum armboard. Kurt tank's comments ring true. I previously owned a Zyx Airy 3-SB, a fine cartridge, but to my ears no match overall for the XV-1S, especially when it comes to long term listenability.
I assume you are refering to the Dynavector DRT XV-1S?
(You wrote DX-1S, and I don't think there is such a cartridge.)

I have not used the Shelter 7000 or the 9000, but I did use the 90X for a couple of years. If great bass response is your priority, (and saving money while you're at it), it might be the cartridge for you. It is a near reference quality cartridge, IMHO. It has a well extended treble response, a very nice, and somewhat warm mid-range, and a great bass response. The imaging and soundstaging are also very, very good. The one knock on this cartridge is that it does not present really deep, dark, black backgrounds. (Which is not to say it has a really high noise floor. It is pretty quiet, but it is not as low a noise floor as some of the other really great cartridge lines, such as Koetsu or Dynavector. It is more middle of the pack, IMHO.) Unfortunately for me, I had used a couple of Koetsu cartridges for a couple of years prior to using the Shelter, and so I knew what having a really, really low noise floor, and I really valued that aspect of the Koetsu cartridges.

The Dynavector XV-1S is the cartridge I upgraded to after the Shelter 90X, and I have no regrets whatsoever. The XV-1S has great bass response too. (Maybe not quite as deep, but it seems more refined and slightly quicker and tighter.) The mid-range is very natural sounding, and integrates with the well extended treble, (which is a bit more refined than the 90X), in a more balanced way. The imaging and soundstaging are incredoble. And, best of all, it has a very low noise floor, so I have those deep, dark, black backgrounds that I love so much. This is the cartridge I plan on living with for a very long time.

Well, I hope that helps.
Good Luck in your search!