Dynavector DX-1s vs Shelter 7000/9000

I have a quick question. I am looking for a cartridge and for now, it looks like a demo Dynavector approximately 6 months old vs new Shelter 7000 or may be 9000 at slightly lower price. I heard Dynavector in a familiar system and like the speed, huge soundstage and good pacing. Unfortunately, I have not heard the Shelter except for the Crown Jewel which I believe is the same as 501 in my system which I like the smooth liquid midrange but not the extension and pace of Dynavector. However, there is no demo Shelter 7000 or 9000 that I can listen to. I listen to mostly classical music, large symphonic works, piano, lieder, opera, some vocal music and a little bit of rock/pop. My analog setup currently includes VPI Classic, ASR mini Basis, Ortofon T100 SPU. Eventually I plan to change my phono, may be to ASR Basis, add SDS to VPI, etc so whatever cartridge I choose, I intend to keep for quite awhile until I upgrade everything else before thinking of changing cartridge again.
Thanks for your help
suteetat

Showing 1 response by wjam

I have a Shelter 7000 and it is fantastic. hammered the 501 before it (As I had hoped) and also miles better than my old AT ART1.

Surface noise is unbelievably low and there is so much minute detail retrieved. Tracking is A1, sound stage vast.

cheers