Dynavector DX-1s vs Shelter 7000/9000

I have a quick question. I am looking for a cartridge and for now, it looks like a demo Dynavector approximately 6 months old vs new Shelter 7000 or may be 9000 at slightly lower price. I heard Dynavector in a familiar system and like the speed, huge soundstage and good pacing. Unfortunately, I have not heard the Shelter except for the Crown Jewel which I believe is the same as 501 in my system which I like the smooth liquid midrange but not the extension and pace of Dynavector. However, there is no demo Shelter 7000 or 9000 that I can listen to. I listen to mostly classical music, large symphonic works, piano, lieder, opera, some vocal music and a little bit of rock/pop. My analog setup currently includes VPI Classic, ASR mini Basis, Ortofon T100 SPU. Eventually I plan to change my phono, may be to ASR Basis, add SDS to VPI, etc so whatever cartridge I choose, I intend to keep for quite awhile until I upgrade everything else before thinking of changing cartridge again.
Thanks for your help
suteetat

Showing 1 response by jazdoc

I'll pile on and also recommend the XV1-s. The previous comments are spot on and I would also add that it is an excellent tracker.