DynaVector DV505 is it worth the hassle?

I have a Garrard 301 with a SME3009 II improved arm. The table is coming back from ZU audio with a new ZU DL103 catridge and their Xaus tonearm cable. While waiting for the table, I happened upon a really good deal on a DynaVector DV505. It looks cool but it appears complicated to set up and use. I'm somewhat of a novice and just joined AudiogoN. Any opinions about the DynaVector arm would be appreciated. By the way, Sean Casey and his crew at ZU audio just blew me away with their level of customer service. Unbelieveable!
eriksdad

Showing 2 responses by stringreen

odd... Albertporter... in your first paragraph you find the arm with no issues other than its appearance and weight...in the second paragraph you chastise it for its ultra sensitivity to VTA and record warp.
As I write this I am looking at my tonearm. I see the table turning, but with the ring clamp and spindle clamp...or with a vacuum system, the arm moves across the record with grace and alacrity. I just looked at the stylus, and it too seems not to move. I suppose if your records are warped and in need of Dyna's answer to tracking, you should get it. However, eliminating the warp in the first place enables the cartridge to sit in the groove and not be tossed around at all.