Dynavector DV 505 anti-skating question

I purchased recently a DV505. I'm following the indications in the user manual for setting up correctly all the adjustments.
Concerning the anti-skating I think I have an issue. If I place the anti-skating weight as indicated in the user manual then the correction is too strong pushing the arm back. In fact I can operate without anti-skating at all. Is this pointing a bad setting elsewhere ? I cannot figure out what could be the origin as this arm have few adjustments.
Any idea ?
Thanks a lot
abraxas49

Showing 2 responses by cleeds

halcro
" ... These arms will also not work correctly on suspended turntables."
Why not?

stringreen
"As the weight c/g changes with this arm, the suspension will respond detrimentally’
What is c/g? What do you mean when you say the " suspension will respond detrimentally?" This doesn’t make sense.

There are turntables with lightly-sprung suspensions, and their suspension can be affected by arms of different weight. But those are just lightweight turntables. Something like a SOTA or an Oracle Delphi provide adjustment for arms of various weights. (The SOTA uses counterbalancing weights, early Delphis used a counterbalancing arm under the plinth. Later Delphis used springs of various rates.) Or you can have a suspended turntable with such a massive plinth that the arm’s weight is trivial in relation to it, such as a VPI TNT.