Dynavector cartridges, old and new

For more than 40 years Dynavector has been producing very high quality moving coil cartridges in Japan. Sadly we don't have a dedicated Dynavector thread here on audiogon. It would be nice to collect info about some nice rare models in one topic. 

My first Dynavector was high output model, very attractive headshell integrated as one piece - Dynavector DV-30A was released in Japan 1 year before the Karat series and 4 years before the fabulous Karat Nova. The first high output Moving Coil Dynavector DV-30 series was the next generation of the Ultimo cartridges. The Ultimo’s were manufactured by Onlife Research Inc., which later became Dynavector. The 30-series was introduced in 1978 with 3 different models DV-30A & DV-30B (HOMC) and DV-30C (LOMC). Till the early 80s it was top of the line Dynavector models.... 

But then the KARAT was released with short Ruby and Diamond cantilevers (depends on the model). I've been looking for KARAT for a long time, i found the Dynavector KARAT 23RS special calibrated version with Micro Ridge stylus tip and prism Ruby cantilever. This particular model has been introduced in 1988 and claimed to be superior to the earlier generation of Karat carts. I'd like to seek more info about this rare cartridge, but very little info available online. Anyone can comment on Karat Ruby 23RS mkI (not mkII) ?  

I know some mebers are enjoing the more expensive Karat Nova series, XV-1, XX-2, Te Kaitora Rua etc 

Modern Dynavector site is: http://www.dynavector.com/ 

But the rare models can be found here

128x128chakster
I’m currently on my second Karat D3.

That probably says more than I could try and explain.

@lewm,

I for one would appreciate your comparison of the Dyna to the ART 7.
Thanks everybody. It looks like a nice Dynavector Fan Club here.

I have a question:
Will you accept (for example) rare DV 23RS MR in mint condition if the Ruby Cantilever is slightly off-centered? I’m not sure what to do, got the cartridge today from the postman, delivered from USA and supposed to be excellent with box and all the docs, but the cantilever is not perfectly centered :( (bad luck)

Actually i have a few other cartridges with conventional long cantilevers, some of them are off-centered, but i can twist the cart in headshell and make it spot on with Feickert protractor. Unfortunately it’s not possible with every headshell, but it can be done with some headshells.

However, i’m not happy that seller offerend me Dyna with cantilever turned to one side (and never mentioned this problem), i am a bit mad about it, i think i can return it for full refund. But it's a rare cartridge with Micro Ridge stylus, the overall package looks mint. 

17D3 is an average cart. Things get interesting from XX2 Mk2 onwards. ART7 and ART9 are in the league of XX2 and higher IMO.
That's funny, Pani
An average carts does not comes with Diamond Cantilevers