Dynavector 507 MKII + SPU?

Was wondering if the 507 would be a good match for Ortofon SPU Anniversary 90th? If not ...what tonearms would you recommend for that cartridge. Much thanks in advance.

-Assad
jarraa

Showing 4 responses by pcosta

Hi Assad

I seen pictures such as this one here with an SPU mounted on the 507, but I couldn't tell you how it would sound in comparison to an old school Ortofon 309 or even a current day 309D or 309A
The Windfeld is a very good cartridge and I love it most of the time, good recordings and pressings are spectacular, but when its bad, its not as enjoyable.
DO you have a 507 arm? I have a good friend with a 507 and xv-1s always good sound.
I would like to try a 507 for a while.
Hi Assad

The big issue I have with some of todays new records is the quality of the vinyl pressings. Too many are just to noisy. I can almost accept the way the sound it presented when it is flat, one dimentional and loud! But the surface noise comming from some of the records is just too much.
I would like to add a second arm to my TW again but I don't think it will happen this year. I think the XV-1s is nice and quiet in the groove and musical. It is something I am considering.