Dynaudio vs. Meadowlark

Which would you pick? Audience 70 or Std. Shearwater? System=bryston 3bst,Anthem Pre1l,Marantz CD67SE.
perry

Showing 4 responses by ericajimine9677

Can't really comment on the dyns(except with Audio Refinement complete or DNA 0.5) but the meadowlarks can be driven by SET designs(Art Audio Diavolo... Hoo Ha!) in which case it BLOWS the Dyns away. The shearwater and kestral are the best designs from meadowlark, the upper end stuff being outclassed by other companies IMHO.
P.S. I own the 4B-ST. Not bad but I am sad to say that it can't really compare with SET designs I've heard. Not that the 3B or 4B ST are bad. They easily bested my friends Forte stuff... but single ended tubes done right... ahhhh.... IHMO
One more thing... the Meadowlark Shearwaters are just damn good speakers period. Oh... you wont see them in Stereophile cuz they wont pay for ads... but make no mistake, they are the best bang for the buck. Really nice soundstage... musical... can be holographic...
now if you wanted to spend more... Silverline Sonatinas are VERY hard to beat. Blows the Shearwaters away (and many other speakers). SETs are FANTASTIC with the silverline Sonatinas... but enough of my rantings... happy listening.(The problem with most Dyns is that you are basically limited to solid state gear or high power push pull tube designs. The meadowlark and silverline stuff allow you to pick any amp you want lest you change your mind in the future...)