Dynaudio - Made in China vs Denmark

Hi,

I  recently Purchased a new pair of Dynaudios. The floor model I auditioned were 'Made in Denmark' but the pair which was shipped out by the dealer was 'Made in China'. They are still boxed. Whats should I do:

1. Swap with the showroom floor model (they were probably a yr or 2 old)

2. Unbox and use my 'Made in china' pair ?

My main concern here is the quality of the product from China. Resale values.

Anyone with experience please chime in. 

ryanhere

Are all the materials produced in Denmark or are there some sourced by the offshore manufacturer?

Is there Danish oversight or quality control continuously on staff at the offshore facility?

Is the retail price dramatically reflected in the price of the offshore models? 

Is the manufacturers warrantee the same for both Danish and offshore products?

If a parent company has made the same technological investment in a given country and oversees the workforce trained to the same standards, quality can be quite good.

On the other hand, I'm not a beer drinker but I while in Amsterdam was drinking Heineken at breakfast. I don't know what that stuff is here in the U.S.?

Send them back. The cost savings is going in the pockets of upper management. 
F&$k them. I believe in the long run you will find that the quality is not there. The drivers are but the cabinets? Well……

I would just note that China put a rover on Mars and the Moon on their first attempts. Chinese people are capable of manufacturing to whatever quality standards the manufacturer requires. The issue comes when manufacturers (American, European, or otherwise) ask their Chinese factory to reduce costs instead of maximizing quality. If you trust the company to maintain their standards, it shouldn't be an issue. If you think they're reducing quality to cut costs, act accordingly. 

You paid for one thing and got another.  Unless the dealer is willing to make a cash concession I’d return them.