Dynaudio Contour S5.4 & S3.4 Owners?

Any problems getting used to the tweeter below the bass drivers? Unusual configuration, very few speakers set up this way. Just wondering. Thanks!
128x128rja

Showing 2 responses by dpac996

Hi,
I have a pair of s3.4's. The tweeter position is only unusual....looking. There was nothing to get used due to the configuration...ie the highs don't stand out or seem like they radiate from the midpoint, but present with a very cohesive manner to the double mid/bass drivers.
Go for it.
" I wonder why Dynaudio decided to configure the drivers in such a way"
Because like LedZep said, they sound amazing. Trust the Danes. They know what they are doing.
They are amazing loudspeakers. Darn near full range in a nice tight footprint, can play VERY loud with full scale dynamics, sound well balanced and natural even at low volumes, disappear like good mini monitors, and vocals are to die for. I used to own contour 1.8mkii's. In the lower level listening the 3.4s are much more interesting. The 1.8s needed bigger signals to open up. Great for parties bad for long term health.

I feel like ledzep in that these speakers are with me for the long haul. They have been my dream speaker for some time. You just can't beleive the bass response from dual 6.5 drivers, but there it is. Blamo. Fast, tight, and deep. Acoustic bass sounds so real, so nice.
A very well balanced speaker. Sorry for the long rant but you get my drift?