Dynaudio Contour S3.4 or Dynaudio Focus 360?

I am upgrading from Dynaudio Focus 220's and choosing between the 3.4's or 360's. I am using a Plinius 9100 and its power is a factor to be considered. I don't plan on upgrading my amp. I like the "smooth" sound of the 3.4's and enjoy the "complete" sound of the 360's.
louie69

Showing 1 response by stricken

The Confidence C-1 is an incredible speaker, really one of the best stand mount speakers ever. The 3.4's and 360's are also exceptional and will give you the extra bottom end and output that a stand mount can't give even one as capable as the C-1. Between the 3.4 and 360, well it is tough but here it is: The 3.4 is a very balanced speaker, has a better cabinet construction than the 360 and is better suited to a medium sized room. The 360 has a very well built cabinet, much of what you expect from the Danes, just not quite to the 3.4 level. However the 360 has more low frequency capability due to the 2 eight inch bass drivers and more output as well. The Esotar tweeter in the 360 is more revealing than the Esotec tweeter in the 3.4 and subsequently can sound agressive on poor recordings but is very rewarding on good recordings. I have heard both in the same system and I prefer the 360 overall.