Dynaudio Contour - anyone heard the new (Oct 2016) models yet?

Local audio dealer is hosting a demo night in a few weeks. Will attend and give them a listen.
Any one heard them yet?

Have owned and enjoyed Focus 340 speakers for a few years now, having upgraded from Excite 32’s originally.
Wondering if the Contour 30 --which is the same cabinet height as the 340-- would sound like a move up, even though it’s a move from 3-way to 2-way.(?) With the right drivers I suppose it could.

The new Contour 60 could be more comparable, but it’s a taller cabinet and in my room bigger speakers are not the direction I’d be trying to go.

FYI:
http://www.dynaudio.com/home-audio/contour/
brianam

Showing 1 response by brianam

Updating my own thread for anyone who finds this:
heard the new Contours at AudioVision in SF. They're dealers of and always pair Dynaudio with Simaudio electronics and Nordost cable/wiring. So the Contour 30's on demo were plugged into top of the line Simaudio everything, as well as Nordost top of the line. (i.e. probably not what a person would do at home since even the speaker wire probably retails at the price of the speakers themselves, let alone the Sim 870A amp--$24k?.)

The Contour 30s certainly voice differently than the Focus 340s I can compare them against. Better imaging, better vocals. Typical Dyn glare-less fatigue-free listening. Low end didn't seem as robust, which makes sense, being "2.5 way" versus full 3-way speaker. Though the cabinet sizes are right about the same. 

I could definitely see upgrading from Focus to the new Contour. Though even in this demo (with reps from Dyn and Sim present) there were mumbles of how beloved the Confidence C1 is.  Seems that's still a high-water mark for the company.