Dynamic Speakers to match Luxman L-509X

First of all......HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!

My question or the advice is which speakers would sound good with Luxman L-509X Integrated amplifier. I am listening all kind of music on the modest levels but lets say the electronic music with a lots of bass is my forte. I just had a chance to audition PSB Synchrony T600 but the sound wasn't right meaning that the sound was forward with the extensive highs probably because of the titanium tweeters. My room is 4 meters x 7 meters x 2.5 meters ceiling and the speakers would be placed along the long wall. Of course I would treat the room and for that I would also need suggestions.

Please excuse my English and thank you in advance on suggestions and advice.

densen17

Call Fritz.  He uses a Luxman as one of his test amps.  Also, best sounding speakers in a hotel room by far, so they have to sound decent in a well treated room. :)  Only second to the uber-pricey Vandersteen room last I went to listen.

Unfortunately I am kind of disappointed with the Fritz speakers. Ten years ago I purchased the original Carbon 7 speakers. They were terrible. Rolled off highs and muddy bass regardless of how people on Audiogon a prized them. When he came up with the updated Carbon 7 he asked for $2000.00 to update the tweeters and the mid/bass.

@densen17 My experiences post date yours. No such issues.  Curious what you were comparing to?

If you were listening to Thiel or Triangle or Dynaudio, well, yeah...

we were a uxman dealer some years ago the legacy signatures sounded amazing with them

Dave andTroy

audio Intellect NJ

legacy dealer

you can get away with 2 monitors and a sub. Too many to choose from, whatever you can audition nearby or trials. Based on your amp, your budget must be generous to have a lot of choices

Here Luxman preferred Magico:

Hey Densen17- Fritz here...  I'm not sure where you came up with your response to your Luxman L-509x thread?  If you had bought the Carbon 7 loudspeakers from me you could of returned them for a full refund if you didn't like them.

Also- since we never spoke or communicated, your statement about me wanting $2000 to update the tweeters & mid/bass drivers is totally untrue.  To update the Carbon 7's they would need new crossovers, new drivers and new cabinets since the tweeter in the  original version is a different size than the tweeters used in the newer versions.

For lying on your post, your repentance shall be for you to listen to boring accordion music on lifeless speakers for the rest of 2023! 

HAPPY NEW YEAR!   FritzSpeakers

@fritzspeaks weird, he seems to be a foreigner based on a few signs, how would he have interacted with you?

I don't know what the OP's experience was with Fritz speakers but I can tell you that my Carrera BE's are one of the best standmount speakers I've ever owned. They might look rather unassuming but the music they make is incredible. The speakers are so balanced, so refined, and such a pleasure to listen to that I'm hard-pressed to find any fault with them.

I usually have them in my home office system driven by rather inexpensive amplification. But a few weeks ago, I brought my main amp at the time, the Qualiton a50i, to the home office and connected it to the Fritz speakers. I hate it when people employ hyperbole like "my jaw dropped to the floor", but that's the first thing that comes to mind. The speakers sounded like full range speakers costing 3/4x more. Massive soundstage, holographic, 3d imaging, and impact galore!

The Latest Vandersteen VLR CT and 2CSig3

will match great with Luxman and sound awesome when

playing Accordion music

JohnnyR

Great amp!  I run one with ATC 20 passive monitors to great affect.  Very dynamic. Your reference to electronic music preference steers one towards the larger more dynamic ATC 40 passives.

I owned the ATC 40s in the active.  Best of luck in your search.