DVD players killing new formats......

This is related to my other thread about DVD-A but is a seperate point for discussion.
DVD players are selling (and have sold)like hotcakes here in the UK-it's the same worldwide.
My argument is this,we need the general public to buy the new formats (SACD,DVD-A) otherwise the record companies and manufacturers will just ignore them and continue to focus on normal CD releases.
Now if you are the average Joe,why after buying a machine that plays movies in a new improved format and plays CD's at a level your happy with-why are you going to buy a new machine in the next 5 years?,especially since you just bought that nice new widescreen TV as well.
Have the big companies blown the new formats by giving the masses a new improved format (for movies) and re-confirmed the strength of CD's?

Ben
justicels

Showing 1 response by benseenand289

Sugarbie-your points are logical however I guess it will depend on how easily and cheaply a dual format disc can be produced.
Since that's what it will take for DVD-A to be succesful without those who've already bought machines changing them.
Isn't there still some doubt that the record companies will go down this road?