DV-50s vs Krell SACD Standard vs Denon 3910 mod

Would sincerely appreciate some experienced guidance or commentary on this.

Here's my situation: Want a great SACD/CD player, happy with a 'good' DVD/DVD-A player - or a universal biased towards SACD/Redbook CD performance.

I'd thought of an Underwood/Partsconnexion mod'd DVD-5900 or 3910, but think I'd be setting myself up for losing even more $$$ when I go to upgrade...
So, have been thinking of the Teac Esoteric DV-50s, or Krell SACD Standard [since CD is my priority]

I've seen the Krell vs Esoteric thread ... but wonder what else I should consider in the $2k-$5k range ?
Happy to buy a good used model in that range as well
jsbsanfran

Showing 3 responses by metralla

I might as well ask Kana813 where in the US he had the fortunate opportunity to listen to a Teac P0 player, augmented by a G0 external clock. The Teac Esoteric USA site does not list P0, D01, G0, G0S in the US catalogue because Teac America has sadly not seen it fit to import such devices.

However, (I hope these are the units you refer to), a rare Teac player with a Teac external clock was playing at CES in Jan 2004. Driving Avantgarde horns with the Avantgarde Model 5 Preamp/Integrated. I listened to "Black Coffee" off the Greta Matassa SACD and was totally gobsmacked.

Hopefully it will be there again this year.

Regards,
Avguru,

Modesty is a better approach. Mele Kalikimaka caught you by surprise; you over-reacted just a little.

Regards,
Kana813,

Apologies to you. Now that I see your closing in complete form, it's obvious to me what
Mele Kalikimaka & Hauoli Makahiki Hou
means. I stupidly thought in a previous post of yours (a different thread, perhaps) that when you wrote "Mele Kalikimaka" you were signing your real name. I feel like such an idiot. (Wiping egg off face)

So ... "Merry Christmas and Happy New Year" to you too.

Regards,