Dust...It's Killing Me

Okay guys, I need a solution to keep my components dust free. I've tried lots of audio racks, but most emphasize performance , and I understand that. My wife, does not. I need something that will keep my rack or components clean...anyone have any ideas?
leftistelf

Showing 1 response by jp1208

I highly recommend the Perfect Air Purifier from Bryant heating and cooling products. One drawback is that all of these high effecient air cleaners add a lot of static pressure to your existing furnace or fancoil. The higher staic pressure can cause more strain on your HVAC system and could possibly cause higher utility bills. It realy depends on how good or poor the duct system is. This particular air cleaner does two things. It will capture all dust particles and "KILLS" viruses. There is not much that will get by this unit. Expensive? YES. Effective? YES.
For the thing to work its best, the fan needs to run almost continuously. You don't want the dust to settle if possible and as the dust enters the house it will be sucked into the return air. Also, most of the time the dust that enters the house is because of leaks in the return air ducting. If it is not sealed real well then the dust enters the gaps in the duct work and on into the house through the supply vents. If you want to stop some dust this is a good place to look. If you are thinking about going down this road look for "NATE" certified technicians or Factory Authorized Technichans. If you have any other questions on this please feel free to email me. Or you can just use the feather duster on the audio equipment.