DUNTECH SOVEREIGN 2001 vs C7000

Doe's anybody have any infomation on the difference between the two models and what do you think about the speaker itself?! I can't find any reviews of this speaker anywhere even though it's been around since 1982?!

THX!!
Paul
ptheo1

Showing 2 responses by ptheo1

Thanks for the excellent reply! What I mean by the 'C7000' that is the current model as of 1996?. The 2001 are the older model.

It's 'bass heavy and slow', isn’t that a ported design term. You would think being that it's an acoustic suspension design, that it’s very tight and controlled. With such fast transient response advertised, it would be tight/fast/smack you in the jaw rock solid! Must be an amp problem (damping=control) or like you said, to small of a room. Mine room is 25'L-17'W-8'H. Is that going to be big enough to let them 'breathe'?!I have a pair on the way.....:)
Sorry it took me so long to respond...went camping.

I have a new-(in the crate) 1998 C7000 on the way. Got a GREAT deal. I feel like I'm going from the minor league to the pros now!

The long wall is going to be tough for me since I have a fireplace on one side and a window on the other. Also since the DS are 34" deep. And I want to keep them a three feet from the back wall, that 6 feet right there. 17'W-6'=11'. So I'll be against the the wall listening to them! No way.

The amp I'm using right now is a Adcom-5800(I have two). Too minor league for the DS I'm sure(Although it does have a damping spec of >1000). I'm looking at buying a used Theta Dreadenaught multi channel amp. Read great things about it. But I'm worried that 200-watts per channel won't be enough juice for the monsters. I want a multi for future HT. The DS come first though..if a Spectral or Krell makes that much of a differance(if heard the Spectral is very fast and the Krell has great bass) than the Theta multi, than I'll get the best(within budget..ha!).
Question- Does a 600watt amp sound have triple the power and triple the control of a 200watt amp? Why do some hi-end amp have a low damping spec like 100? What about the new digital(slim and cool running) amp that are coming out?

Thanks!!
Look forward to the reply.
Paul