Dunlavy SC-IV v B&W Nautilus 802's

I interested in upgrading my speakers to more music friendly ones. Presently I am using home theater speakers (Atlantic Tech 350 system) I am looking at Dunlavy SC-IVa's and B&W Nautilus 802's. My front end is a Sony 7000 dvd/cd player and am using Aragon amps (8008bb to run mains and 8008x3 for center and rears) I have an EAD Theatermaster Encore pre/pro. My cables and interconnects are XLO ER line. I am concerned that if I choose bright speakers with this system I may get myself in trouble. I would appreciate some advise.
marcy

Showing 1 response by genesis168

I would personally pick the SC-IV over the N802. DAL are amp friendly while the N802 are power hungry and need to playde very loud. I heard the N801 and 802 powered w/ Levinson stuff and when played at moderate levels, the soundstage collapsedl like an earthquake just happened. Furthermore, the N802 does not convey music as will the SC-IV does. All the N801 & 802 just plays loud. Nothing but loud. The SC-IV handles well regardless being played loud or at low levels. Imaging, soundstage, image HEIGHT and coherency of the sound is first rate with the SC-IV. If you want huge soundstage and life like performances, then look no further than the SC-IV and the IVa speakers. Scrap those British boxes!!!!!