Dump the Wadia 781?

I love my CDP, after having it modded to Statement by Steve of GNSC.

However with the troubles at Wadia, I wonder if servicing the unit will be an issue in the long run?

My CDP sits on the 2nd tier of an Finite Elemente rack, so I need one with a front loader tray IF I swap.

My dealer thinks the DCS Puccini with U Clock will beat the Wadia. Honestly its the servicing issue that worries me more so than performance. Is this just a sideways move not worth the additional $$?

Rest of system, ARC Ref 5, Lamm 1.2s, Wilson Sasha.
daisiu

Showing 1 response by qq250

I have had several wadia players over they years. I think they make great sounding equipment. Unfortunately the new wadia is not the old wadia and getting good service out of them is an issue. Given what the others posted as to voiding your warranty, I'm sure they are right. If you do have any problems, I'm sure that Steve will warranty anything that he did and/or will be able to fix the unit for a price (I would definitely ask and him about that and not guess). As for keeping the 781, I would. I have a good dealer that lets me do whatever I want in the store so one day, I went around took all the wadia and dcs stuff, brought it all into one of the sound rooms and tried it all side by side. My opinion is that they are both great and would be happy with either. My slight preference was for the wadia over all but could easily live with either.