Dump the Wadia 781?

I love my CDP, after having it modded to Statement by Steve of GNSC.

However with the troubles at Wadia, I wonder if servicing the unit will be an issue in the long run?

My CDP sits on the 2nd tier of an Finite Elemente rack, so I need one with a front loader tray IF I swap.

My dealer thinks the DCS Puccini with U Clock will beat the Wadia. Honestly its the servicing issue that worries me more so than performance. Is this just a sideways move not worth the additional $$?

Rest of system, ARC Ref 5, Lamm 1.2s, Wilson Sasha.
daisiu

Showing 1 response by grr6001

For sure Wadia will not service a modded unit.
Heck, they can't even service there own units in a proper manner.

I have owned three Wadias' over the years & have had a problem with every one of them. Never again. I don't care who buys or bought them.

I have moved on to the Playback Designs MPS-5 & could not be happier. Sonically much better,,, service & upgrades are top rate. Highly recommended, period.

BTW, I have a 781i that I have been trying to get repaired since September with no results, calls unanswered, emails unanswered. People need to know what they are dealing with when they want to purchase a so called high end product.
I have also know of a few other horror stories.

Maybe if the Shareholders see a few of these threads they will decide to do something about their companies problems.

Move along, nothing to see here.

Good Luck