Duelund DCA16GA

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone have try this cable? I have never try the original WE cable but I want to buy this cable for my speaker. Other candidate is supra cable.

Can someone give some feedback?

Thanks
santodx5

Showing 3 responses by mac48025

I had been using Belden 8402 interconnects and WE 14ga ( 16 ga was no longer available) speaker wire and was very happy with it until getting a Decware Zen Torii mkIV amp and the sound seemed harsh and "off". I switched to Mapleshade Double Helix Plus speaker and their transparency was a much better match with the Torii, yet something still wasn't right so I replaced the Belden 8402's with Coincident Statement interconnects and now the sound was too clinical for my liking. Out with the Mapleshade speaker cable and in with the Duelund DTC 16 ( which I prefer over the WE 14g I had) and voila......a more organic and natural sound to balance the very transparent Torii amp and Coincident interconnects. Obviously results are very system/room/listener preference dependent but one can't go wrong with at least starting out with Belden 8402 interconnects and Duelund DTC 16 speaker wire....they are practically free when compared to many high end equivalents! This hobby can become expensive easily enough, it's nice finding excellent products at such reasonable prices. 
Thanks geoch,

I'll give the Belden 1800F's a try. At their price how can I not do so? I'm using a Decware Torii mk IV tube amp which is a great amp but I hope to get the Coincident Frankenstein.....an 8 watt SET amp, might that be what you're using? The original WE wire was manufactured back in the glory days of tubes so mayb thats why this type of wire seems to work well with them. I'd be interested in hearing from those with SS amps using it. 
My Duelund DCA16GA should arrive later this week and if it sounds better than the WE 10ga ( and I don't doubt it does) I'll be in heaven. I'm also using the Neotech connectors......easy to install and sound great. Thanks to the likes of Bill and Jeff Day for promoting these amazing cables.