Duelund CAST silver a $50,000 Upgrade?

Duelund CAST silver Capicitor upgrade 50K??
I've ordered some speakers and asked about upgrading to Deulund's silver foil CAST capacitor and inductor a listed option on my speaker. dc10audio got back to me with 50K $50,000.00 dollars extra over the copper that's already included in my speaker!!

How the hell is that even possible?? And if I could and I can't afford the extra would it be worth it? Am I going to see Jesus with the silver or what?

Steve
berkelyaudiogeek

Showing 2 responses by germanboxers

"Sounds like they just pulled the number out of their rear to make it go away.”

Germanboxers, that is a very reasonable proposition that’s contradicted by this:
http://app.audiogon.com/listings/full-range-dc10audio-instrument-8ps-loudspeaker-for-refrence-tube-amplification-2013-03-09-speakers-87507-santa-fe-nm

Phaelon - it does appear from that ad that I may be mistaken, but I can't help but think there is something else to this...sanity for one.
then why is silver 12 times more $$$

It's not. I suspect your speaker manufacture decided they didn't want to bother with yet one more option that would need to be purchased and tested before responsibly selling. Sounds like they just pulled the number out of their rear to make it go away.