Dual Headed USB hookup?

I've been considering getting the Gemini Dual Headed USB Cable along with the iFiUSB Power Supply to hook into my Audiophilleo2. My question is... while I know the "power" leg of the Gemini will go into the iFiUSB power USB port, can I hook the data cable of the Gemini directly to the USB output of my SOTM USB card and turn off the USB power on the SOTM card? Or does it have to hook into the Data/Power port on the iFi Power USB and force me to use another USB cable from the SOTM card to the USB in of the iFi unit?
koestner

Showing 2 responses by zd542

You probably need to leave it on. Do you run a power cable from the computers power supply to the card itself? If so, leave it on.
"What I want to know is do I have to put both the data line and the power line of the Gemini cable into the iUSB power supply"

This is the first time I've seen anything like this. By the looks of it, yes. But upon looking for some info on this thing, I came across Music Direct as a dealer, and they have all the manuals available for download. I would check the manual just to be sure.