dual headed usb cable

Does anyone have any knowledge of dual headed usb cables?  I am aware that ifi audio makes one for separate transmission of audio and power. Are they worth it?
Thanks
givin2u
There are a few out there besides the iFi Gemini...

Doukmall on Ebay
Audiocadabra
Pangea

all make a dual headed USB cable that allows separation of power from signal carrying wires.

There are other brands too.

Worth it? Only if YOU can hear a benefit that justifies the cost. Buy from Music Direct (iFi) or Audio Advisor (Pangea) and you can return if there’s no improvement. From a technical point of view (and I’m no EE) it does seem like a good approach.

@givin2u - are they worth it? - well that depends on your component that is being connected.

If the component uses the USB power provided by the cable - then yes - they are worth it!

Take a look at
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Power-supply-and-USB-cable-separate-audio-signal-cable-/251589388236

I think Pangea also makes a dual cable

Separating the signal and power eliminates noise being induced across the conductors, which ultimately contaminates the USB interface circuitry with noise.

The Doukmall/Pangea cables above will prevent this. Sound quality will be improved

If the component has a separate power supply then a dual cable may not be required

But it is not quite that simple - My Bifrost had it’s own power supply - however, the USB interface card actually used the USB power. The later versions have rectified that design to use the on-board power supply.

Also, some devices like the Musical Fidelity V-link192 successfully deals with the power issue internally - so you really have to delve into the deign of the component - or simply spend the money and see if sound quality improves - or call the company and ask them

Hope that helps - Steve
The King Rex Ucraft (blue) is the best USB I ve tested... Its pricey,  but if you wish to hear what your front end is capable of , you gotta get it....